Wednesday, June 1, 2016

3 Years

This past Memorial Day weekend, we did a great deal of errand running and moving. The good news is Sam's parents have made a lot of process. The house is really looking like a home. I think they're starting to settle in, although it's done nothing but rain since they've been here, so at some point they may think we lied to them about Austin having a sunny, arid climate. They arrived on Sam and my anniversary, which was an enjoyable gift! We did sneak away to have dinner the next night at a restaurant and apiary out in hill country. I wanted to post a couple of pictures because, after all, we will only have one three year wedding anniversary. Posterity demands we record these things.

Flowers Sam got me. The rest opened up over time. 

Sam at Apiary with his amuse bouche. 

Our first course
I included the last photo because the presentation of my scallops was really interesting. You can't really tell in the picture, but it was served on a large shell on top of a bed of kelp-like seaweed and little rocks. I was in the process of remarking on how funny I found it, when the waitress rushed over to make sure I knew not to eat the seaweed and rocks. I assured her, I understood they were intended to be decorative, but she said it happens all the time. The seaweed, I can understand, I guess, even though it was not the kind typically served as a garnish, but pebbles?

At any rate, the last three years seem to have just flown by! It seems like just yesterday I was getting ready to head to Queens Farm to meet up with Sam and feed some llamas. Although in that time, we've moved across the country and bought a house, so I suppose some things have changed. Looking forward to the years ahead and all the new joys and changes to come!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You are a wonderful couple.

    ReplyDelete