Monday, November 10, 2014

A (poorly-document) wonderful weekend

This weekend I went up to Arlington to visit some of my favorite people and blog readers. My aunt was in a play (specifically Annie Warbucks--the previously unknown to me sequel to Annie.) That was the official reason for the trip, but we also enjoyed visiting with my grandparents while there.

Me with one of the stars of Annie Warbucks!
The play was a lot of fun. It was the first play put on by the Firehouse Theater in their actual theater (recently renovated from a decommissioned firehouse, naturally). While I wasn't aware that Annie had a sequel until my aunt was cast in it (or that it apparently was the second attempt at a sequel when Annie 2: Miss Hannigan's Revenge bombed), it's a very fun show. Some of the songs seem a bit like riffs from the original show and it maintains the same zany tone. The cast had some talented members, and the actress playing Commissioner Doyle was particularly wonderful. The production also featured what is possibly the most mellow dog I have ever seen.  Unfortunately, this will be a very short post because I know a good portion of my readership will be attending this show later in its run and I don't want to spoil any of the key plot points.

Play aside, I realized I didn't take any pictures this weekend. It's so easy to get caught up in visiting and forget. But as always, it was lovely to see everyone. And especially nice when saying goodbye to know we will see everyone again very soon. One of the definite perks of our Texas relocation is being easy driving distance to so many good folks.
To make up for the lack of photos, here's one of Dinah being her usual adorable self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment