Tuesday, November 20, 2012

We clean up okay

My last post was all pictures of the beauty of Central Park in fall (and something about jazz, I think?), so, to mix it up a little, I thought this week I would post some lovely pictures of Central Park in fall with Sam and I in them. These are from an engagement shoot we took a few weeks back. They were all taken by this nifty lady. I would definitely recommend Toni Skotcher for anyone in the New York area with photo needs. She's fun and manages to make making out on command or directions like "put your hand on your hip and look sassy" not make me feel awkward (quite a feat). Added to which (really only relevant to my blog's ever dwindling theme), she's a fellow Astorian!

At any rate, here are a few of my favorites:
The Bethesda Fountain has always been one of my favorite places in the park. I guess that's really all I have to say about this one.

 Okay, so this one isn't of us, but I was happy Toni decided to include it. While we were taking photos by the lake, these people kept trying to get their dog to come back. He'd just jumped in the lake and was swim chasing the ducks who were pretty effortlessly out-pacing him. He seemed pretty deaf to his owner's call, so I hope they did eventually recover him. I don't know though...that pond has a lot of ducks.
 A quintessential soulful-eye-staring engagement photo!

 This is one of my favorites mostly because it looks like we're the only people in Central Park (definitely rarely the case). Turns out the way to accomplish this is to go on the day of a canceled marathon when it's 35 degrees outside.

 You can't really tell that it's us, but I just think this is a really cool photo.

 This actually wouldn't be a favorite (because I think I was failing at not looking cold here), except for the cute little dog head nobly watching over us. (Do you see it?) Also, know that when we gazing off into the lake/our-metaphorical-future-together, we are actually watching that black lab and its duck chasing. Just to add some context to this photo.

I'm just feeling really cute about this one.

So there you go! There are a bunch more photos and even a bunch more favorites of mine, but I can only post so many photos of myself (even engagement photos) before I start to feel a little Kim Kardashian. Thanks again to Toni Skotcher Photography for making us look all lovely-like!

4 comments:

  1. Well, I love photography and these are fabulous. The stairs and the tunnel shot are both awesome. And yes, the last one is just wonderful. Congrats again!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elaine! I always enjoy your photos as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARTY! This bodes well for the wedding photos. Of course the cute subjects make it easy!

    ReplyDelete