Friday, December 30, 2011

Monopoly and myrrh

Okay, I actually got photos a few days ago (very efficient uploading, parents!), and if I don't post them before New Years their relevance will certainly be devalued. However, I'll keep it short because I have friends and family in town and would rather hang out with them than write in my blog (just as I would prioritize hanging out with all of you, readers, were you to visit me in person! Well, unless I don't know you, in which case it would be on a case by case basis). Suffice is to say, Christmas was fun and basically time spent can be divided into the following categories: food eating and playing board games. Luckily, these are a couple of my favorite things. I will alternate them thusly.

Food:

Here we gather around the island at my uncle's house that is perpetually covered in junk foods and sweets otherwise known as the Alter of Gluttony.

Board game:

My cousin gave his friend this strategy game that took about an hour to explain, so once we finally understood it, we played it about 20 times.

Food:

Christmas Eve dinner tradition: hibachi. See if you can pick me out on the other side of the smoke.

Board game:

I didn't participate in this train-themed board game that I might eat chex mix by the hand full (which thankfully you can't see in my hands or else I would have no choice but to label this one food).

Food:

Semi-annual family reunion at an Italian restaurant that severs Alfredo by the vat. I'm proud of myself for being the only one to turn away from food long enough to notice a picture was being taken.

Board game:
One of several monopoly games played. This was National Parks monopoly of course when Boardwalk becomes Yosemite and hotels transform into ranger stations.

Hope your end-of-Decembers were as merry and bright and board game filled as mine. Here's to good things in 2012!

3 comments:

  1. I see you did not participate in Ticket to Ride! We have been having fun playing that this holiday season. Evie is surprisingly good at it. What is the strategy game? Happy New Year! Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not--although I have played it in the past, and I remember it being fun (just not as fun at eating Chex mix). The strategy game was 7 Wonders. Once you got through the complicated rules, it was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The past few years it has turned into a tradition for the Siddoways to play Monopoly during Christmas break. It's so fun! And I am ashamed that you didn't play Ticket to Ride. I am not a big board game person but I absolutely LOVE that game. :) I'm glad you got some good pictures of the gluttony/game playing. Yay for hibachi!!

    ReplyDelete