Monday, May 18, 2015

A visible representation of life lately

I've been a rather terrible blogger lately. Some deadlines are all coming at the same time at work, so my writing energy has been focused over there. And truth be told, that's still true, so this won't be much of a post either. Still, to tide you over until I'm back in blogging shape, here's a few photos from my phone over the last few weeks. A window into my life, as it were, without all the unnecessary paragraphs of text.
Got a zoodler for turning zucchini and other vegetables into noodles. Turned out awesome. with a pork Bolognese  (the secret is a quarter pound of pancetta…)

It finally stopped raining enough for us to start demo on the porch. Goodbye sweet porch, we barely knew ye!

Shakespeare in the Park at Zilker. Production wasn't quite on par with Central Park's, but it was a smidge easier to get in to and they didn't care if you took pictures of the set. I can see why Taming of the Shrew isn't performed in modern productions that often though. 
Did one of those drink-a-bunch-of-wine-and-paint lady's night classes. Our painting was of bats on the South Congress bridge…in case you couldn't tell. 
Got my hair cut and the guy did some cool styling with expensive products. Alas, left to my own devices, my hair will never look this good again. 

From a couple of weeks ago at the O Henry Museum Pun-Off. This is Sam's "listening to puns" face, I guess. 

Will return soon with more writing and more pictures and, who know, maybe hugely important life lessons. At the very least, I'll have more progress photos for that porch demolition. I think this might be the only time I've had a photo dump post without any photos of Dinah in it. Don't worry, she continues to thrive. 

5 comments:

  1. All good stuff. I had never heard of a zoodler or that you were taking down your porch. Why?
    I like the new do. Which painting was yours?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoodler is great: http://www.amazon.com/ORIGINAL-ZOODLE-SLICER-Spiralizer-Fettuccine/dp/B00M6I6MG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431969046&sr=8-1&keywords=zoodler. You basically run vege through it like a pencil sharpener, so it's actually kind of fun.

    Porch is coming down due to rotting. They never treated any of the wood and just painted the top of it, so Sam's foot went right through it. We found a small cement porch underneath, but we're thinking we'll gravel that whole area instead.

    My painting is the one on the far left. Still not sure what to do with it now, but it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What really is a blog except putting recent pictures on the internet with comments about them? I say good job, I feel very updated on your exciting life activities! I want a zoodler now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're great! Add it to your registry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks awesome! I think expensive hair products are worth it. They usually last a long time and then you get endless fabulous hair days.

    I might be on my way to zoodle some zoodles now too.

    ReplyDelete