This will just be a short post, but I wanted to share the photos of the kitchen since they didn't make it into the rest of the house update. First of all, it's important to share the before picture:
|Formerly, my least favorite room in the house.|
- Changing the faux wood laminate counter to granite (not as cost prohibitive as I would have thought, given the small area to cover)
- Updating the ugly florescent light fixture (which you can't really see that well) with track lighting.
- Painting the cabinets white to brighten the space up a bit. Also adding hardware to the cabinets and drawers.
- Adding a glass tile backsplash.
- Updating the sink to a deeper undermount.
- Getting rid of the green paint and replacing it with a bright yellow.
Behold, the after!
|From the breakfast nook.|
|From the hallway.|
Now that you've seen it looking its best, here's one more bonus picture of the during process. The kitchen as it's worst...
We still have a few things left to do. We'll be adding some shelves over the sink and doing a little touch up painting, but other than that, this kitchen is pretty much done.
|We've come a long way.|