Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentines delayed

I hope all my readers had an excellent Valentines Day and an all right President's Day. I wanted to give a special shout out to one reader who may be reading this on her brand new iPad. Glad to hear you're doing better, and I'll write you a proper message soon!

Still life. Cat with Valentines flowers and assorted mail. 
I had planned a little weekend getaway to San Antonio with Sam for Valentines, but it was delayed by the necessity of house stuff. Instead we had a little weekend jaunt to Houston to pick up some furniture from my parents (thanks, parents!). While there they took us out for a Valentines dinner (which is like dinner on a regular night except that it costs more and you have fewer choices). All and all, it was a fun trip, although it's easier for me to say that because I wasn't the one driving a 14-foot Uhaul truck back on 290.
Apparently, this is where the kids take all their prom pictures. We decided to get one too.

Sam and I on Valentines Day. One of the advantages of Houston is you can eat outside in February. One of the disadvantages of Houston is the other 11 months of the year. 
Yesterday, I had the day off and I spent the entire time inside painting cabinets while a crew removed all the tile flooring from the bedrooms. Today, and in fact any minute now, we should be getting carpet and counter tops. "After" pictures of the house may just be a week or so away!

No comments:

Post a Comment