Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Zen and the art of the tailgate

Things are pretty busy at work this week, so this will have to be a short post. This weekend Sam and I joined in on a little Austin culture: the tailgate. A friend in town from New York invited us to one organized by her friend's family (one of whom I think works for the city which accounted for us having a good spot) While not a fan of football especially, I have always been a fan of eating and drinking outside, so it seemed like something I would enjoy. On Saturday it was also a perfectly lovely day, if a little on the warm side. There were beers, chips, and dips aplenty (we arrived sadly too late for the bulk of the BBQ). All in all, lovely way to spend a Saturday.

I don't have too much else to say about it. We only stayed for half the game, and honestly I didn't care enough to even look it up to see if UT won or lost, but I did take a few pictures:

Our assigned tailgate area was actually behind a church. Less traditional perhaps than in a parking lot, but still a nice shady place to have some beers. 
A view of the festivities from the parking garage where they must make a killing on game days. 
Clark. Our faithful tailgate mascot. 
I think Sam took this on our drive home. 
Will hopefully have more time for a proper update next week!

1 comment:

  1. I feel that tailgating (only) is the proper way to enjoy football. People are certainly missing that part of the sport here.

    ReplyDelete