Monday, September 29, 2014

My trip to Austin

I've been living in Austin for a month now, and yet when Google takes photos from my blog to create unsolicited "google story" slideshows out of them, it still insists on calling it my "trip to Austin." I suppose it does kind of feel like a vacation still, as I don't have all my routines quite in place yet. We've definitely come a long way in this month though. It's hard to believe just a few short weeks ago, I would have been writing this from the floor of my living room instead of in a nice elevated pappasan chair. 

This weekend we went out on the town and tried a nice restaurant (turns out you can chicken fry anything...including beef ribs). We also tried standup paddleboarding on Town Lake and spent some time at a brewery in Dripping Springs. I don't have too much to say right now, so I thought I'd share a few photos from my phone from the last couple of weeks. 

A friend and I text photos of our cats back and forth. That's my excuse for having so many on my phone...

This is the view from my new crossfit gym. When we arrive, there is a blanket of stars, and about mid-class we get to see the sunrise. These are the perks of being willing to do your workout at 6:30 in the morning. 

At the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center. It was free this weekend as part of the Smithsonian Museum Day. 

Sam, as seen through a waterfall. 

Our attempt to take more pictures together. Look at the beautiful Texas countryside behind us!

This one's from Houston last weekend. I didn't post about it because I figured it would be redundant for the large percentage of my readership who was there, but it was good times!
Next time I promise to have more interesting things to say. Or at least things that I will find interesting. I also really am planning to change the banner soon. This site could use a redesign that doesn't feature the majestic skyline of Astoria any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment