Monday, August 11, 2014

I can still blog sometimes

It's been an unconscionable amount of time since my last update. Luckily, the good thing about having a small pool of readers that all know me is that you also know why I've been a bit too busy for the blogosphere lately.

I'm actually a little concerned about what will become of this blog once I no longer live in Astoria. I would like to keep updating it, if nothing else, than for my own record of events. I do find myself referencing it occasionally to try to pinpoint certain items on the timeline of my life in Astoria, and it's terribly helpful for that. That said, I suspect my adventures might not be quite as interesting (strictly from a blogging point of view, of course), so fair warning to readers for the future. Anyway, I will cross that bridge when I come to it. For now, I just wanted to post some photos from my phone from the last month, since I haven't had the time to post about anything properly. Let the lazy blogging begin!

Pretty sunset from Socrates Sculpture Park. That sculpture you can sort of see with the reflective lines is really cool in person. 

Also at the sculpture park. Friends gather for Costco sized picnicking and a Senegalese movie. All of the the movies they show at this particular summer film festival are foreign, really good, and by-and-large depressing. This one was no exception. 

Some friends and I thought it would be a good idea to go on an East Village ice cream crawl. We went to three places and got ice cream (or gelato) at all of them. This was the last place, which is why we look sugar crazed and sort of wary of what should be an exciting summer treat. 

Maine wildflowers!

Obligatory Dinah shot. She was sitting on the edge of her chair because I'd thoughtlessly left a purse in the middle of it. 

The Shakespeare in the Park line for King Lear. You can't really tell how long it is, but it was pretty long. My friend and I were the last pair to get in. Excellent show! 

I took a shine to this little guy at the biennial for the Museum of Design. This was actually not my favorite thing there, but for some reason this is the only thing I took a picture of. 

I promise to update more substantively later as I do have some real news and whatnot.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back! We are always happy to see whatever appears here.

    ReplyDelete