Monday, December 17, 2012

Muted holiday cheer

I had a reasonably cheerful weekend of Hanukkah parties, cookie decorating, and Christmas window perusal.  I was going to post about making merry with my usual irreverence (essentially the only writing style I know), but I feel a little weird about it now. In addition to the events of Friday (it was especially tragic Saturday night to see candles lit in the park by my apartment not for the last night of Hanukkah, but for candlelight vigils), a number of close friends have also experienced personal losses in their lives.  My thoughts, flowers, and (in one case) a lasagna are with them right now. I will still post some photos of this weekend, especially since I visited the finished gingerbread block and I know some were waiting for evidence, but without my usual picture-accompanying banter.







Don't worry, Astorian Dream will be back to the usual self-satisfied witticisms later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment