Sunday, September 2, 2012

A bright day for a nice wedding.

It's been a weird month updating-wise. Three right at once, and then nothing for a couple of weeks. Basically, I spent the last month of August completely off my regular routine. I had off more days than I worked. I traveled to three countries and four states. I haven't been in the city or seen most of my close friends for the entire month. I turned in a book to my editor. And, needless to say, I haven't had much time for blogging. But now that September has arrived and I'm very nearly back to having to work full five day weeks for the foreseeable future, it's time to revisit a few of the events of the past few weeks). I was able to see a lot of family (and many readers of this very blog!), so it's been a fun time.  I'm going to indiscriminately divide up our adventures into a few posts.

The first in a long line of exciting things is that my aunt came to visit. I don't have any photos of her visit, but we explored the city and visited a few of my favorite eateries. It was a beautiful day, so we mostly just walked around--the better to see more. We did duck into the powerful A/C provided by the Met for a couple of hours though. I like their roof display this summer, "Cloud City." Definitely superior to the boring metal sculptures of last year. Well done, Metropolitan Museum.

After a whirlwind tour of the city, we headed north to Boston! My cousin got married at a beautiful estate outside of Boston. I was also able to stay with another cousin who lives outside of Cambridge along with a bunch of other family. Below are some photos of some good looking folks all gussied up:

 Don't we clean up nice? It was a beautiful day for an outdoor wedding.

Here's a cocktail hour action shot with my aunt and sister. I was probably searching for the watermelon gazpacho with marscapone at this point. Not that I would try to copy anyone else's wedding...but their caterer sourcing all the produce from the farm on the estate certainly made everything delicious. 

Another wedding action shot. The bride and groom played a number of songs with the band! 

 Here's my family a little less gussied up, but still looking lovely on my incredibly hospitable cousin Sally and her husband Terry's porch.

All right, can't get back into this whole blogging/working/not just sitting around eating all the time thing all at once. That's enough for now! Will definitely try to update with the next leg of the trip soon. A hint...it involves Norman Rockwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment