Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Long weekend

I think I used to put more effort into the title captions, but a couple of years in and puns just don't have the draw they used to. Nevertheless, I was told by a loyal follower that I needed to update today because I normally do Mondays, but I was given a pass for Memorial Day. Never one to disappoint those admitted readers, I'm updating despite my weekend being pretty quiet. As such, and because it's really hot in my apartment and I'm not really thinking straight, I'll keep this post pretty quiet as well. 

On Saturday, I finally went to see the Keith Herring exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum. This is the one photo I got from the exhibit, but knowing I would post it on my blog later I probably should have picked something with a little less angel bestiality.

On Sunday, I went for a hike in New Jersey at the Pallisades. There was this Revolutionary War era house that let us try this hoop and stick catching game. This photo makes it look like we were doing better at than we were in actual fact.

Some of New Jersey is actually kind of pretty.

Wearing a sundress while hiking because you didn't pack appropriately for the weekend is not entirely recommended and is actually probably a good way to get Lyme Disease. Luckily, since I've never had poison ivy after 26 years of not being especially careful, I've decided at this point I'm probably one of those people who doesn't have a reaction to it. I've never had the guts to knowingly test this theory, but until it is otherwise disproven I will continue to wander bare legged through the forests.

And now it's back to the daily grind as I sit in my apartment contemplating how long I can last before putting the air conditioner in. I'm waiting partially because I'm cheap and hate to see the electric bill go up and partially because I'm testing my survival skills. Welcome, summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment